With the pandemic, no one has been 100% sure how 2020’s fashion month is going to go this September. However, I do have some insider information on what is going down. And of course, I have to spill the tea to my Stylettes so you guys are in on my favorite time of the year.
First, I’m SO happy that fashion month is not canceled because I look forward to it every year. I even had the honor to be invited to WWD X Samsung’s Fashion Tech panel a few years ago and Project Runway’s Season Finale Show.
I love everything from the street style, the soirees, to the new collections. Especially fall fashion month, because it’s such a great time for reinventing yourself and your style!
According to the New York Times, the governing fashion week bodies insist that fashion month goes as planned in September and October.
- New York & Milan fashion week will showcase both womenswear and menswear as per usual.
- The British Fashion Council said that London Fashion Week will take place from September 17th-22nd. There will be both virtual and physical fashion shows taking place showcasing both men and womenswear designers.
- Burberry may or may not plan to have a virtual fashion show on September 17th, set somewhere in the British outdoors.
- The Paris dates will be Sept. 28 to Oct. 6, and the Chambre Syndicale, which runs the thing, announced that it will “comply for its implementation to the recommendations of public authorities.” Whatever that means.
- Off-White and Dries Van Noten will not be showing during fashion but their collections will be available in February 2021.
- Fendi will host a live show on Sept 22nd and unveil its collection at its Rome HQ, with maybe some actual guests in attendance. Pretty sure social distancing rules will be in place.
- Designers like Dior, Saint Laurent, and Michael Kors are creating their own schedules.
I mean, here we are fresh into August and we still don’t have too many concrete answers. But, hey! At least we have something to work with.
Mark your calendars! We may or may not be having a watch party for fashion month 🙂 So stay tuned & Subscribe so you’re the first to know!!
What's Your Reaction?
Tori B. is the founder of The Stylette and Head Stylist of The Stylette Experience Co. Born and raised in Baltimore, MD the mom of 2 juggles building an empire and raising her 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. She attended Stevenson University for Fashion Design and LIM for Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. Tori has been a style writer for WOE Magazine and has worked for companies like Kohls, H&M and Nordstrom. She believes that when you look good, you feel good, and ultimately perform better in every area of your life.