A capsule wardrobe or a capsule collection consists of staple pieces in coordinating colors, usually 30 items or less, including shoes and accessories. As an entrepreneur there are so many benefits to creating a capsule wardrobe for your busy lifestyle. It’s all about practicality.
- A capsule wardrobe is much easier to plan which makes it a great first step for those that are ready to start their wardrobe from scratch.
- You’ll know what’s in your closet and it will be easier for you to style and coordinate looks for the week. Whether you have a meeting, you’re picking up the kids from school, or you’re packing for a conference, you’ll know what to wear.
- You’ll save money knowing you have a set number of pieces to invest in (quality over quantity) and it will decrease the chances of you making unnecessary impulse purchases.
- Less clothes = less clutter, you’ll have a clear idea of what’s in your closet so you can quickly put together a well-styled outfit, without having to think so hard about it.
- A capsule wardrobe frees yourself from the daily “I have nothing to wear.” dilemma.
A capsule wardrobe creates more time and energy for what really matters. That means more time to work on your goals and take care of your family. And less time spent shopping and deciding what to wear. More money for our dreams and helping others, and less money spent on clothes that never get worn.
What's Your Reaction?
Tori B. is the founder of The Stylette and Head Stylist of The Stylette Experience Co. Born and raised in Baltimore, MD the mom of 2 juggles building an empire and raising her 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. She attended Stevenson University for Fashion Design and LIM for Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. Tori has been a style writer for WOE Magazine and has worked for companies like Kohls, H&M and Nordstrom. She believes that when you look good, you feel good, and ultimately perform better in every area of your life.